The History of Metaphor IT
Metaphor IT was formed with a vision to become a leading provider of Managed Services in the UK.
In July 2015 the business made its first strategic acquisition with the purchase of Intellect Security. Intellect was one of the UK’s leading specialist suppliers of data centric security solutions. Established in 2002 it has supplied over 2000 customers with advanced security solutions, including some of the UK’s most well-known organisations.
In April 2016, Citrix Gold Partner; Virtual Workspaces was acquired by Metaphor IT, adding a specialist provider of cloud, virtualisation and mobility solutions. This acquisition meant that the combined business could not only assist clients in moving to cloud platforms and mobilising workspaces but it could do so whilst protecting their data at all times.
Tegen was acquired by the group in September 2016, enhancing the combined businesses Managed Services offering, enabling Metaphor IT to fully manage our client’s IT estates whether on premise or in the cloud.
Metaphor IT continues to organically grow and add more advanced solutions to its portfolio. As an innovative player in the market, the business continues to work closely with vendors in the development of the next generation of technology solutions. Metaphor IT has a twin track growth strategy of organically growing the business while also looking towards further acquisitions.
The Metaphor Senior Management Team
Our Partners and Vendors
Metaphor IT are committed to partnering with the market leading vendors and distributors within the IT, Security and End User Computing space. This enables us to provide you with the very highest level of expertise, knowledge and quality.
Below is just a short list of some of the partners and vendors that we work with in our portfolio of services and solutions:
Policies, Terms and Conditions
This website and its content is copyright of Metaphor IT Limited – © Metaphor IT Limited 2016. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Website Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Metaphor IT Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Baltic Exchange, 38 St Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BH. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Metaphor IT Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Metaphor IT Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 9th May 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Metaphor IT Limited, The Baltic Exchange, 38 St. Mary Axe, London, EC3A 8BH.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Managed Services Terms and Conditions
• Please Click Here to download our Managed Support Services Terms and Conditions
• Please Click Here to download our Managed Security Services Terms and Conditions of Sales
• Please Click Here to download our Managed License Services Terms and Conditions of Sales
• Please Click Here to download our General Terms and Conditions of Sales